The Ashford is a friendly, family orientated club, located in the heart of Old Town, Swindon.
Established over 100 years ago, we have served generations of families, providing the community with friendship, activities, a place to relax… and cheap drinks!
We have a function room available which is free – why not hold your birthday celebrations here? We can cater for your entire family and all your friends.
Whether you enjoy activities, such as Skittles, Poker, Darts or are just looking for a place to relax in the evening, The Ashford offers it all.
Please check out our membership section to see more details on how to join… new members are always welcome!
Also, you can now follow us on Instagram by searching Ashford Road Club
Update 2nd July 2020
Thank you for your patience whilst we have been working through the changes required to re-open the club. Our risk assessment and preparations for re-opening are complete. A copy of the risk assessment can be found on the club notice board or you may request a paper copy. We have had to make some adjustments to our operation to ensure that we follow government guidelines to keep our staff and customers safe and well. We are confident that we have achieved this with the measures we have put in place. From the 4th July the following adjustments will apply:
- Reduced capacity up to a maximum of 32 and to members only (sorry but this does not include CIU affiliated members at present). Once this number has been reached, no further members will be allowed to enter the premises until someone leaves.
- Seating only in the club, no standing will be permitted. Numbers at tables must be kept to the number of chairs. Furniture must not be moved. Seating in groups within your social bubbles is permitted.
- To comply with social distancing regulations, signage has been displayed in the club and this must always be adhered to.
- Entrance to the club will be through the main doors, exit will be through the fire door at the back of the club.
- There are two service areas marked out at the bar where you can purchase your drinks. There will be no more than 2 people allowed at the bar at any one time.
- Staff and committee have been provided with all necessary PPE.
- There will only be one bar person serving drinks and one committee member at front of house supporting, cleaning tables and monitoring numbers. Whilst we aim to provide a quick and efficient service, this may be impacted so please bear with us.
- We would prefer you to use contactless as your method of payment, however cash and chip and pin will be accepted.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed outside both the toilets, in and around the bar area, juke box and fruit machines. Signs will be placed in all areas to encourage all patrons to make use of these and wash their hands regularly,
- Toilets will operate on a one in one out basis and children must be accompanied by an adult to ensure they are following the hand cleanliness guidelines.
- Children must always remain seated at the table unless they are visiting the toilet.
- No prepared food will be available although there will be a reduced selection of bar snacks on offer.
- A drinks takeaway service is available, please purchase this before you leave the premises.
- You may smoke outside but please use the 2 metre markings and ensure you move to a safe distance for members entering the club.
- A daily register of all members into the club will be kept by the committee member on duty. This will be kept for 21 days and used for Track and Trace if necessary.
Please note also that crib, pool, skittles, poker, darts, bingo and Jokers Jackpot have all been suspended until further notice. We will continue to review this decision and will notify you of any change.
We would kindly ask that you respect and follow the changes we have put in place; we have made them to ensure the safety and well-being of staff and members and to comply with guidelines laid down by the government. We accept that these are not ideal conditions in which to re-open, but we hope you will join us and continue to enjoy the club and the opportunity to meet with friends you may not have seen in a while.
If you have not had the chance to renew your membership for this year yet, then please feel free to either
- Post it to the club or drop in the letterbox: Please add a note detailing your name and membership number. If you have changed address since last year, please also give us your new details. We are happy to accept Cash or Cheque
- Bank Transfer: Please email email@example.com stating you have paid by bank transfer and note on the e-mail your name and membership number. Please make the payment to Sort Code: 40-43-35 Account Number: 61201778 please state your name or membership number in the reference.
Just a reminder the cost of renewal is £7.50 for existing members and £10 for new members.
Normal opening hours
Monday – 7.30pm to 11pm
Tuesday – 7.30pm to 11pm
Wednesday – 7.30pm to 11pm
Thursday – 7.30pm to 11pm
Friday – 4pm to 11.45pm
Saturday – 12 noon to 2.30pm and 7pm to 11.45pm
Sunday – 12 noon 11pm